About Ilford South
Ilford South constituency covers nine council wards in the London Borough of Redbridge: Chadwell, Clementswood, Cranbrook, Goodmayes, Loxford, Mayfield, Newbury, Seven Kings and Valentines.
The constituency represents around 90,000 residents and the current parliamentary majority is 24,101.
Sam Tarry was elected Member of Parliament for the constituency of Ilford South on 12 December 2019.
- The total population of Ilford was counted to be 168,168 people in the 2011 census
- Ilford is one of the most diverse towns in the country
- The local newspaper, covering the town and the borough, is the Ilford Recorder
- Ilford has 145,860 square metres (1,570,000 sq ft) of total town centre floorspace, the 10th highest in Greater London
- Ilford is a hub of the London Buses network with services to central London and various suburbs
- The poets Kathleen Raine (1908–2003) and Denise Levertov (1923–1997) were both born and spent their early years in Ilford.